Secure a demanding management role where I can demonstrate my expertise in operations, marketing, brand development, leadership, training, and customer service to improve profitability.
· Excellent problem solving ability, able to analyze and assess complex information, identify opportunities for improvements, and resolve critical issues.
· Develop cooperative customer and vendor relationships by providing personal attention, understanding needs of customers, vendors, and the company, and negotiating contracts that would benefit all parties involved.
· Communicate effectively in writing, speaking, presenting, listening, and responding to all levels and functions within an organization.
· Provide structure, training, resources, and recognition to develop a strong team environment, also recognizing individual contributions.
· Computer skills include proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Raster Imaging Process software, Goldmine, QuickBooks, Flexi-sign, and Gerber Omega.
FASTSIGNS International, Inc. 9/2001 - 11/2009
Director, Technical Services
· Negotiated entire digital output equipment package for new business startups resulting in reduced cost of $75,000 package by 18 percent in 2007 and an additional 8% in 2008.
· Led a cost-cutting initiative in 2009 to help franchise owners deal with slumping economy, resulting in savings of 15-25% of most common goods used in their manufacturing business.
· Negotiated reduced costs for most popular digital printers used in FASTSIGNS network, resulting in 20% reduction of ink costs for most owners.
· Directed six call center and in-field service technicians supporting technical services, training, and field support of franchisee network.
· Coordinated field technical visits to improve franchise owner bottom-line while saving $10,000 annually in corporate travel costs.
· Supervised technical service consultants to ensure they delivered quality telephone support and troubleshooting expertise to all franchise locations for digital printing, plotting, software, hardware, and product production.
· Created FASTSIGNS Matrix, a complete solution for wide-format printing that includes specific media, profiles, finishing techniques, and marketing and selling tips to produce graphics at a faster rate and a lower cost and guarantee outcomes and profitability.
· Consulted with media and wide-format printer manufacturers to negotiate national vendor contracts for the FASTSIGNS Network saving the company $3 million annually.
· Implemented testing of wide-format printers, laminators, laminates, and media to verify durability and outcomes.
· Presented quality seminars to FASTSIGNS convention audiences on how technology can change and improve their centers by introducing digital workflow solutions.
· Created entire environmental, health and safety (EHS) program for over 540 centers to ensure the safe operation of solvent and UV printers. Efforts exceeded both OSHA and EPA expectations for EHS programs.
· Developed an initiative allowing owners to incorporate sustainable business practices while increasing their bottom-line, reducing the cost and increasing the efficiency of producing products.
· Served as subject matter expert for digital output and finishing sign products for three national sign groups, specializing in environmental, health and safety topics for the digital print industry.
KINKO'S Print and
Manager of Technology
· Coordinated and directed sales, and profitability of the Digital Printing, Computer Services and Business Printing departments.
· Department consistently ranked as top regional digital service operation in region and top 5 percent out of 1100 branches nationally.
help desk assistance to solve computer related problems for 32 branches in
· Worked closely with regional and general manager to keep supply, machine costs below company recommended levels to ensure maximum profitability while delivering superior customer service.
· Increased digital sales by working directly with non-technical co-workers to communicate digital benefits to customers accurately.
· Aggressively sought solutions for the most difficult customer requests.
· Diligently worked with account representatives in providing expert digital solutions to clients.
· Negotiated large print contracts involving multiple specifications and exacting requirements to secure customer bids normally produced by much larger print facilities.
Technology Trainer, Kinko?s
and Custom Print Manager, Kinko?s Print and
Director, Sony/Loews Theaters,
and Journalism Instructor,
· Newspaper writer, editor and public affairs manager, U.S. Air Force
· Law Enforcement supervisor, U.S. Air Force
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
· Major: Journalism
· Major: Computer Network Technologies